Updating your glasses prescription isn’t the only part of sound vision care.
Who should have a Digital Retinal Screening?
• Diabetic patients – for diagnosing and monitoring diabetic retinopahty which can lead to loss of vision
• Glaucoma patients – for early detection of even the slightest changes to the optic never that could lead to the gradual loss of peripheral vision.
• Patients with Macular Degeneration – for diagnosing and monitoring age-related macular degeneration (AMD) for prevention in severe vision loss.
• Patients with other Retinal Diseases and Disorders – for aid in diagnosis, monitoring and treatment
• Patients with healthy eyes (adults and children) – to establish a healthy baseline, which can aid in the detection of any unusual changes or disease in the future
We can’t place enough emphasis on preventive care. As a result, Digital Retinal Screening is included in all of our comprehensive eye exams, regardless of your age.
A DigiScope is used to assist your physician in determining if you have Diabetic Retinopathy. The process is simple, painless and takes approximately 10 minutes. Pictures are taken of the back of your eyes with the DigiScope technology. Retinal specialists will then analyze the images and a report will be sent to your physician.
Mild drops will be placed in your eyes to dilate your pupils. The drops will enlarge your pupils for more complete and effective pictures to be taken of the inside of your eyes.
A process where high-resolution, digital photographs are taken of the retina, or interior portion of your eye. The color photograph, taken with a specialized retinal camera, provides detailed images of the various structures of the retina and can show abnormalities that may threaten normal vision. Not only will this screening help your doctor accurately diagnose and document any diseases or conditions you may have, it will also provide a baseline for comparison with previous and future visits. Subsequently, it will help monitor disease progression.
HEALTH TIPS AND ADVICE FROM YOUR COMMUNITY HEALTHCARE EXPERT
Call 770-268-4011 Or