Clinical Patient Service Representative (CMA) – Call Center
TITLE: Clinical Patient Service Representative (CMA) – Call Center
REPORTS TO: Clinical Patient Service Team Lead
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Eagles Landing Family Practice Patient Service Center is located in McDonough, GA. The Clinical Patient Service Representative is responsible for managing an assigned workload in a high volume call center environment to include ensuring patient communications, including medication refills and test results are processed in a timely and accurate manner, according to the providers’ direction.
• Answers calls and inquiries in a timely and efficient manner while providing a high level of quality patient care and customer service at all times
• Receive and process e-prescription requests from the pharmacy
• Call-in and submit patient medication refills to pharmacy as instructed by provider
• Check voice mailbox and respond to inquiries in a timely manner
• Correspond with providers through EMR system regarding patient activity
• Answer patient inquiries regarding general medical questions
• Obtain necessary personal and clinical information
• Accurately document the telephone encounter with the patient
• Contact patients by phone and mail ensuring test results are conveyed accurately, privately and in a timely manner
• Schedule and reschedule patient office visits and procedures
• Answer internal and external inquiries, directing messages to the appropriate individuals as necessary
• Assess respond, and communicate high priority issues in a timely manner
• Adhere to Standard of Care, Code of Conduct, HIPAA Compliance and Confidentiality Agreement
• Communicate with all patients, visitors, providers, co-workers and management with the highest level of customer service, courtesy and respect at all times
• Attend and participate in team meetings, training in-services, and participate in committees as required
• Plan, prioritize, and complete multiple tasks quickly and efficiently
• Performs other duties and projects as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED required. Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program with a current Medical Assistant Certification required. (Credentialing body examination (AAMA, AMT, NHA, or NCCT) Strong customer service skills a must. 3+ years of years working experience in a CMA with an EMR system. Experience with a family or primary care practice is preferred. Must be computer literate and able to operate healthcare system and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Experience with eClinical Works medical records software a plus.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Clinical Patient Service Representative must be able to:
• Deal with patients, visitors, co-workers, and physicians with courtesy and respect
• Display a professional outgoing warm and helpful attitude
• Possess compassion for dealing with people who are ill and need help
• Plan, prioritize, and complete multiple tasks
• Work under pressure; assess, respond, and communicate issues in a timely manner
• Communicate clearly with patients and coworkers through the telephone, email, and in-person
• Interpret and apply clinical and non-clinical policies and procedures
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• Must be organized and attentive to detail
• Must possess strong problem solving skills
• Must be able to report to work as scheduled without delay
• Display a professional appearance and demeanor
• Maintain a positive attitude
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Requires sitting and talking for extended periods. Requires continual use of fingers for operating telephone, writing and computer entry. Requires ability to hear normal conversation by phone.
Eagles Landing Family Practice is an Equal Opportunity Employer
I have read and acknowledge the above as the job description for my role as a Clinical Patient Service Representative. I understand that if I fail to perform the responsibilities and expectations outlined in this job description that my employment at Eagles Landing Family Practice may be eligible for termination.
Human Resources Contact
Please complete our employment application form and mail or fax it along with your resume to:
2330 Patrick Henry Pkwy.
McDonough, GA 30253
You may fill out the form, scan it, and send along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to list the job position that you are applying for in the email.